The session went off really well on Saturday with about a dozen of us chatting away endlessly over really great coffee from Velo. The weather tried to rain on our parade but we wouldn’t have it 🙂
We bounced from topic to topic & touched on quite a few things that interested me:
- what the ultimate/big picture goals are for our respective blogs
- what the different platforms are that we blog on
- how to start a blog & what to blog about
- how often we blog & how to manage time constraints when working/studying
- moving to fully hosted site
- reviews – how to keep things balanced yet honest
how to use Pinterest/Tumblr to grow your blog
Follow up sessions will start in the new year & we decided to start with the techie stuff (really looking forward to this one!) & then ethics (PR etc.).
It may sound clichéd but the highlight of the day for me was connecting with other bloggers & sharing ideas. Some I knew from Twitter (always nice to put a face to the blog though) while others were new to me but in no time at all we were blabbing away. I left almost 2 hours later full of ideas & with lots to mull over in my head but mostly just inspired to keep building & improving my own blog. It’s good to know there are some enabling tools coming soon.
Zaahirah also mentioned that she’s working on a Lady Bloggers website (so cool!). If you missed this session or even if you don’t have a blog (yet) & are thinking about it you can definitely still sign up here for updates (even if you’re not in Jozi).
Looking forward to many, many more!