Crabtree & Evelyn is renowned around the world for beautiful gifts and everyday luxuries that capture the essence of English style. The Crabtree & Evelyn Tea Room brings to life one of the pillars of the Crabtree and Evelyn brand – the fine tradition of tea. I’ve long known about the C&E tea room but I’m not sure why I hadn’t stopped in until only recently. Located above their Design Quarter store, it’s the perfect pit stop to refuel after a hard day of shopping!
- The scones with strawberry jam (C&E’s own of course!) and clotted cream! They’re oversized, freshly baked and arrived at the table warm. I’ve heard that people have driven in from Pretoria just for these – and it’s worth it! OMG I have no words!
- How quaint the place is – feel like I’m sitting in my gran’s lounge
- Everything is super tasty and homemade and several of the items (cookies, jams, sweets, tea etc) are available for sale as well.
- Nothing really although they could have done with an extra hand on the day we were there.
It must be said that while the expertly blended tea & scones are superb they do have a very tempting menu that offers breakfast and lunch too. All of this fine fare is served on Crabtree & Evelyn’s own Mason’s crockery – distinctive blue and white patterned ironstone china – talk about attention to detail!
If I ran the place
- I would insist on a daily staff meal and OD on the scones!
Need to know
- Seating is limited, its best to book, especially if you’re a bigger group – an interesting venue for kitchen tea parties or baby showers.
- They also serve Afternoon Tea at a great rate of R100 per person
- If you spend R1000+ at the Crabtree & Evelyn sale (now on!) you’ll get a voucher for a complimentary cup of tea, splendid! See sale dates here.
Crabtree & Evelyn strives to strike a harmonious balance between relaxation and nature, and what I love most is that they remain dedicated to making life’s ordinary rituals thoroughly pleasurable experiences. This gorgeous venue is a truly one of a kind with its striking contemporary visuals, eclectic mix of antique furniture, and all the warmth and homeliness of a traditional English country kitchen – a fitting tribute to this timeless brand.
Crabtree & Evelyn Tea Room
Design Quarter, Fourways
011 465 8276